What can I expect at my hearing assessment?
Your hearing assessment will take place in four stages. At all times your needs and requirements will be taken into account and we will provide advice on the best solution to optimise your hearing potential. We will choose from the very latest in digital technology to find the right solution for you, all our hearing devices are very effective but extremely discreet and in some cases completely invisible.
- Full audiometric hearing assessment including speech discrimination testing where necessary
- Examination of ear and auditory canal
- Explanation & discussion of the results
- Lifestyle assessment
- Independent advice on the most appropriate hearing system to meet your personal objectives
- A copy of your audiogram for you to keep for future reference
- Reports to your G.P. or E.N.T. Specialists if required
Fitting & Instrument Consultation
- Initial fitting and programming of the hearing instrument using computerised sound samples to imitate “real-life” situations such as restaurant back ground noise and street noise
- Programming/setting of hearing instrument parameters to suit individual needs
- Full instruction on use and care of the instrument, including cleaning and simple maintenance
Follow-up & ongoing support
- You will receive a courtesy call 2 – 3 days after your fitting to check that there are no issues
- 1 week after fitting the hearing instrument we will see you again, to discuss your progress. At this stage we will carry out any necessary fine tuning or adjustments to suit your personal requirements
- A further 2-3 weeks after the fitting we will normally see you again to further discuss your experiences with the hearing instrument and make adjustments where necessary
- A further check in two months allows us to ensure that you are completley satisfied.
- Any further adjustments to the hearing instruments, or advice about their use is free of charge, with an unlimited number of appointments for the first two years.
- Once you have purchased the instrument(s) you will be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty for an agreed period
- We offer an on going repair and cleaning service to all our customers
- We will contact you every year as it is advisable to have your hearing and aids checked annually to check for any changes
We will keep you up to date with any new technology and invite you to our technology open days where you will be able to see what new devices, upgrades and treatments are available.